Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thrifty Thursday!




When I got word back in the beginning of August about a job offer, I knew I had to stock my rack with some office appropriate outfits. In my previous positions office attire was so casual that I could wear just about anything (and I often did). Not so much with the new job (that I still haven't started). So I cashed in my pennies and headed to Crossroads Trading Company and Goodwill. Let me tell you, I scored better than the captain of a winning football team on prom night! Check out my loot:


J Crew Pinstripe Blouse = $10 (Crossroads)

Button front pinstripe blouses are an absolute must in the business casual wardrobe if you ask me. This blouse can be paired with just about anything...which is why I bought it, lol.





Express Tee = $3.25 (Crossroads marked down from $6.50)
I've had a love thing for stripes for a few years now; horizontal, vertical or diagonal...it doesn't matter. This shirt is actually kinda big on me so I'll have to belt it or something.




Kate Hill Casual Blazer = $13.50 (Crossroads)
I have been looking all over for a cute khaki blazer that hit me at the wrist and goodness gracious was I overjoyed when I found this! I'm 5'10 with loooong arms and legs so sometimes shopping is a hassle I'd rather not endure. This blazer made my day though.




Truly Madly Deeply Tee = $12 (Crossroads)
Here's another tee that fits me kind of big, I loved the Goldenrod color though (it looks amazing against my complexion) so I had to have it. I may alter the neckline a bit so it'll fit better.




BDG Tee = $9.50 (Crossroads)
The color combo and the stripes sucked me in on this one. I haven't worn it, yet but I'm hoping the fit is decent.





Mossimo Blazer = $6.00 (Crossroads marked down from $12)
Although this one isn't a perfect fit I just had to have it! It's a tad shy of hitting me at the wrist but I loooooves it! It's a tweedy fabric with a beautiful purple/gray/tobacco/tealish green colored plaid and it has a nice feminine shape. It's not quite cropped but it doesn't hit the hip either. I LOVE this blazer!





Gap Tee = $8.50 (Crossroads)
Again, kinda pricey for a used t-shirt, but that's just how it is at Crossroads. I really like the color and soft as silk texture of this tee so I grinned and bore it.





Apt 9 Blazer = $6.99 (Goodwill)
 I cannot stay away from earth tones, I just can't. Browns, rusts, tans, mosses, etc. This blazer has a nice feminine shape too thanks to the construction on the back. I'm going to add more bright colors to my wardrobe though and soon...




Josephine Blazer = $4.99 (Goodwill)
Color! My thrifting buddy Naimah actually found this beautiful yellow, cropped 3/4 sleeve blazer (and an identical pink one). I love Love LOVE this blazer! From the silky pinstripe lining to the weave like texture, it is just fab! The buttons are also covered in the same fabric...it's all in the details :-)




Anne Klein Blazer = $6.99
 The minute I laid eyes on this blazer I knew I had to have it! I love the navy color, the electric blue lining and the amazing cut! This blazer is just..it just IS! I can't wait to pair it with a Chartreuse or Fuchsia blouse, it is going to be the bees knees!




Jones New York Blazer = $6.99
 This this this! Before I even went to Goodwill I knew I wanted a blazer that was Chanel like. When I saw this cute little tweed number, it was love at first sight! Now, it fits like a 3/4 sleeved jacket and it's a tad tight in the shoulders, but ask me if I care? I am going to hunt up some gorgeous fancy buttons and rework this baby and then WERK IT! Ya heard?




AK Anne Klein Blazer = $6.99 (Goodwill)
Again with the earth tones...but look at it though. This is an awesome blazer! The contrasting piping on the front and back cinch it in and give it a great feminine shape and it is really well made. This is going to look perfect with some dark wash jeans, satchel bag and riding boots.


Not pictured is the Chartreuse Gap tee (in the dirty clothes hamper) that I picked up from Crossroads. It was an overpriced $7.50. It was brand new with a tag but it had a small hole in it. Yep, I bought it anyway because the color was everything I live for. 

Here's a picture of my Autumn/Winter wardrobe rack:


 Notice the lack of color? Yeah, I'm gonna rectify that soon. 


That's it for this edition of Thrifty Thursday, I hope you enjoyed my finds. When's the last time you scored a great thrift haul? Let a sistah know!


P.S. I went a little overboard with the exclamation marks right? What can I say, I was excited! ;-)

4 comments:

Mz More said...

You racked up! I love all the blazers, I am a blazer girl myself too lol.; I am going to have to hit up my local Goodwills and see what I can find.

Chic Therapy said...

yay!!!Congrats on your new job!

Nicole said...

@Mz More: I sure did, lol. Before I even left the house, I knew I wanted blazers aplenty, especially a cute little Chanel like number. Goodwill has some great stuff!


@CT: Thanks for the congrats lady, unfortunately, I don't have the job :-(

Ananya said...

Raise your hand if your a thrift shop lover!I love that striped shirt and the blazers! I love your blog too ;]
Feel free to follow my blog too-
http://the-perfect-pen.blogspot.com/