Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meandering in Milwaukee...

Did I forget to mention all the time I spent in Milwaukee this year? Well spend it I did! I went to a totally fawesome Deftones concert, I roamed the streets of Cathedral Square during Bastille Days, I attended the Garfield Days Street Festival, I went paddle boating on a pond (what a work out) and I visited the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory also known as the Three Domes.

The Deftones concert was one of the highlights of my Milwaukee adventure! Though I was nearly crushed to death by a teeming crowd of screaming moshing metal fans, it was one the best experiences of this year. Here are some pics of me pre-concert...

I wore a plain gray t-shirt, a multiple chain necklace, Miley Cyrus leggings, black Frye boots and a little black studded bag.

Here are some pics during the concert...


This is one of my fave bands of all time!

And here is an after concert pic...




Don't let the pretty smile fool you, I was in serious full body pain, lol. Here's the after concert reaction video from my BFF and I (beware strong language, so don't watch at work or around young children)...





Funny story about this video, the lead guitarist for the band Dillinger Escape Plan loved this video and posted it on his Twitter and Tumblr page. I was pretty honored, lol.


Now onto the rest of my Milwaukee meanderings. Admittedly, when I hear Milwaukee, the first thing that comes to mind is beer, lol. I don't really associate the beer capital with amazing festivals and beautiful nature attractions...but Milwaukee certainly has plenty of both.


According to easttown.com, Bastille Days is North America's largest outdoor French themed festival held in downtown Milwaukee in Cathedral Square Park. The festival began in 1982 as a way to promote the downtown business district and encourage visitors to explore this neighborhood. I had some of the best food and heard some of the greatest musicians ever while wandering around beautiful Cathedral Square park. There were also tons of vendors hawking handmade jewelry, clothing, bags, fine arts and other wares. I scooped these lovely earrings...






Here are two random pictures from Bastille Days and a picture of me in the paddle boat...



And last but not least, pics from the beautiful Three Domes...



There are three domed conservatories in all, each one with a different theme. There's the tropical dome, the desert dome and the show dome. The above pictures are from the show dome. I'm pretty sure the next two pictures are from the tropical dome...




That beautiful tree (the picture doesn't do it justice) is called a traveler tree. I'm not sure what species of bird that is. He was cute and pretty tame though.





The above pictures were taken in the desert dome. I was awestruck by much of what I saw...can you tell, lol? My OOTD consisted of:


Striped Merona 3/4 shirt (Target)
American Eagle mini skirt
Vintage Coach mini satchel bag (thrifted from Salvation Army for $5!)
Black suede Converse hi top sneakers (from Delia's)


Okay, that's more than enough pictures and whatnot, whew! Have any of you gone out of town/traveled to distant lands? Let a sistah know!

4 comments:

Isabel said...

i love the stripes!

ShanaEmily said...

Love it...love the vid...cool they posted it! And those earrings are great!

Shana

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, the earrings are too cute!

Nicole said...

@Isabel: You and me both, stripes are my love thang, lol.

@Shana: I was so stoked when I found out they posted the vid, lol. Would you believe I no longer like the earrings? I don't know, I think I just need to style them appropriately.

@SummerLilacs: Thanks for reading and I'm glad you like the photos/earrings!