Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bright Color Trouble





And by that title I mean the lack of. As stark as the above picture is, it's just as beautiful to me. I have a thing for landscapes be they lush and green or stripped and stark. I also have a thing for neutral colors that I just cannot seem to let go of...






Browns, tans, greens, khaki...I just can't get enough! I wear neutrals and earth tones allll the time despite the fact that yellow and orange look awesome on me. There's just something so effortless about neutrals and Cheetah/Leopard print though. I'm also guilty of matching my makeup to my outfit...




Eye shadow look features Maybelline's Enchanted Forest quad



I love neutral/natural makeup. Too much color on my face makes me think I look like a clown. Perhaps because I haven't mastered colorful makeup yet. What I have mastered is moss green and brass! I LOVE that combo...








I've also pretty much mastered my eyebrows and blush application...
 

Lancome blush in Rouge Glow


Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector (Fawesome stuff!)





Most of all, I'm learning to master my self. I can be very self-critical and more often than not, I don't give myself nearly enough credit. Though still in my box of neutrality, I love this look and think the colors are quite complimentary. This look won't win any street style awards for being daring or avant garde, but that's okay...I'm still learning. In the meantime, I'll keep working my way closer to that "edgy style" precipice and eventually jump off...






Outfit details


Tunic - Target
Jacket - Gap
Jeans - Delia's
Glittery belt you can barely see (but is awesome up close!) - Gap
Cheetah wedges - F21
Bag - Shop Suey
DIY Ankh necklace
Multi-chain brass necklace - Target
Multi-bangle bangle (funny, hee hee) - Cost Plus World Market
Wooden bangle with brass/silver discs - Alloy (or street vendor, can't remember which)
Cheetah print earrings - Gift from my bestie
Rings - Crossroads Trading Co, F21 & Charlotte Russe

Photographs taken by my daughter. She's pretty good :-)

No comments: