Sunday, August 1, 2010

SugarStrings and Striped Things




Dearest fair maidens, dashing divas and glamorous gals,

How are you? Feeling fab I hope :-)

Saturday was like the best day ever this week hands down! The weather was absolutely perfect here in the Chi, it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cool...it was juuuust right, lol.

One of the best things about Saturday was the fact that my Sun took time out of his oh so busy schedule to hang out with his dear mum. We attended a chamber music performance at the Evanston Public Library. SugarStrings, a trio of talented lovely first cousins, play the violin, cello and viola. These beautiful young ladies really blew my mind with their performance, I mean really.


I've always been of the opinion that classical music is really pure and because of such, you can have a spiritual experience while listening to it. I most certainly did. I was in tears damn near the entire performance. I captured some of the performance on video and will upload it to my Youtube channel soon.

Now onto my outfit. I played it relatively safe in this outfit because...well, because it's what I'm used to doing, but I'm going to continue working on stepping outside of the safe zone.



































I added the brown cable shrug because I knew the library would feel like a meat locker and I'm easily chilled. It being such a beautiful day out, my Sun and I walked around a bit downtown Evanston. We stopped at Fountain Square and to his chagrin, did a little thrifting. He hated that part but I scored some cute stuff. I'll post about that another time though ;-)
Here are a couple of fountain pics though, including a loc shot. My how they're growing, I'm a proud momma!
















So how'd I do this time around? Any style tips you readers would like to give are more than welcome :-)

DIY denim Bermuda shorts (jeans originally from Long Elegant Legs)
Brown cable knit sweater shrug from Boscov's 
Tan penny suede cuff sandals (I talked about them here and here) & necklace from Target 
Horizontal striped yellow/white tank & 2 finger sparrow ring (originally worn here) from F21 
Antiqued brass keyhole ring (originally worn here) from Crossroads Trading Company
Wooden earrings from Charlotte Russe
Wooden bracelet from street vendor
Thrifted clutch (Crossroads Trading Company)
Head scarf from my Great-Grandmother (R.I.P.)
Pictures by Kari

Ciao for now bellas!
XOXO















1 comment:

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

Such a cute name for the group. I love it! And I love your pictures even more! Super cute! I like the purse and the whole look. :-D