Friday, August 6, 2010

Thrifty Thursday :-)




Dearest fair maidens, dashing divas and glamorous gals,

How are you? Feeling fab I hope :-)

Welcome to my first edition of Thrifty Thursday! Due to the many fabulous personal style bloggers I've been reading, I've grown to love haunting thrift stores looking for pieces to add to my closet. The past few Thursdays I've scored some pretty nice things, so I've decided that I'll showcase my thrift store finds (when I have them) on Thursdays.

One of my fave places to shop isn't exactly a thrift store, but they do sell gently used clothing. They also buy gently used clothing. I'm referring to Crossroads Trading Company. I like Crossroads because I can trade things I no longer wear/want  for newer things. I recently picked up these new additions...



Mens Banana Republic jeans for $16 (soon to become DIY boyfriend shorts).



Mens Express jeans for $13.25 (soon to become DIY boyfriend shorts).






The cute $9 clutch from my OFTD post seen here.



And last, but certainly not least, this interesting $9 snake two finger ring. It doesn't look much like a snake, but it's cute on my fingers :-)

Now none of this stuff cost me any money out of my pocket, I paid for all of it with trade. I traded two pairs of shoes, three purses, four shirts and 3 pairs of jeans (mine and my Sun's). I'm not sure how much longer I'll be dealing with Crossroads though because their prices are a bit steep for used clothing (gently used or not). There are a few other spots I'm planning on checking out very soon so stay tuned.

Well that wraps up this first edition of Thrifty Thursday my dears. Until next time, shine brightly and choose happiness. Ciao bellas!


XOXO



No comments: