Saturday, July 4, 2009

Untitled (Originally posted June 22, 2005)

If you know Why The Caged Bird Sings and your Eyes Are Watching GOD, meet me in The Killing Fields that we may pick Strange Fruit. Let us climb the Rough Side Of The Mountain together and roast like Raisins In The Sun. I know 2000 Seasons have passed and still we are Waiting To Exhale, but I am convinced we shall Thirst No More. I have witnessed your transformation from a Black Boy to a Manchild In The Promised Land and you aided me in becoming a Phenomenal Woman. I know you have suffered through the Coldest Winter Ever, I was there with you….my Soul On Ice. You and I are both Outkasts searching for our Roots but one day This Too Shall Pass. No more will black Men Cry in the Dark....instead they will Cry Freedom.

No comments: