Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Back to business with a blast from the past








For some reason, this theme song has been on loop and playing in my head for several days now, lol. Now before you say any single thing, I am not showing my age with that clip. Retro channels on cable television are making all the old shows new again and it just so happens that I like reruns. So whatcha got to say now smarty pants, lol? At any rate, welcome back! I've been going through my archives and found goo gobs of things that I've never shared...so guess what? Over the next few weeks as "2011" winds down, I'm going to mix in some old with the new. Cool? Cool.




So I recently ran across my first ever OOTN pictures from a Valentine's Day GNO (girls night out) from "2010". I have to say that I'm right proud of myself for once again stepping out of my rigid little Virgo "everything must match" safebox. Don't get me wrong, the outfit is still tame compared to some of the awesome 'fits I've seen around the blogosphere, but I'm still patting myself on the back for stepping out of my comfort zone. Enough blabbing though, on to the 'fit...




I was very nice in this picture after having had one of the best cocktails I'd ever had. It was sweet and fruity concoction called a Ruby Relaxer and it was yummmmay!






Sometimes I get extra with it, lol. Can you tell I like to read? I know you're looking extra hard at that bookshelf in the background, lol.




One of my favorite aspects of this skirt is the draping. It gives the illusion that I'm draggin' a wagon back there but really...I'm not, lol.








This China Glaze holographic nail polish gave me everything that night, how I loved it so!






I was so sad that I couldn't find a pair of footed tights that were long enough for me because it was friggin' COLD that night. Being a woman of a particular height (5'10) with a 36 inch inseam (long ass legs) can be difficult. But long legs have their advantages, heh heh ;-)






It was a pretty good loc and makeup night. I don't really remember what I was wearing on my face though, probably an assortment of Mabelline products (my fave drugstore brand).






Appetizer, drink and dessert. I can't find the picture of the entree, but it was a Porterhouse steak with grilled veggies. Oh, and it was yummmmay!




Me between courses and then me and my cousin Shara at the after dinner movie. I can't remember what we saw but it was good, lol.




The OOTN deets:


Top = Target
Skirt = Alloy or Delia's (I can't remember which)
Belt = See above
Booties = Macy's
Tights = Target
Earrings = Kohls
Rings = African Festival, Wet Seal and Sterling District
Watch = Fossil
Nail polish = China Glaze OMG collection (don't remember the exact name)




That does it. What do you think? I color blocked before it was trendy, tee hee. As the clock winds down, do you find yourself reflecting on style choices gone by? Let a sistah know!




Bonus! Here's a vlog from that night...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi dear!!! I love your style....and your shoes are amazing!!!

FOLLOW EACH OTHER?!? Visit my blog and then tell me if you want to follow me... Then I'll follow you back!!!! :) :)

http://thechicetoile.blogspot.com/

Kisses from Italy

Nicole said...

Hi back Francesca! Thanks for reading my blog and taking the time to comment, I appreciate it. I checked out your blog too and I love your style! I followed you via Google Friend Connect and Blog Lovin and would appreciate you doing the same. Thanks again and keep in touch!