Thursday, January 27, 2011

FOTD and Blush Business


Source


This should have been posted yesterday but I was too busy being lazy. Don’t you hate that? I worked on my resume, read, did housework, caught up with my bestie Shan, watched youtube videos, watched tv, chilled with my Sun and daughter…but was too lazy to post a blog, lol. I am wretched, I know. At any rate…


My Sephora blushes arrived yesterday and though initially I was excited about them…now not so much.



 I’m probably jumping the gun here because I haven’t actually put them on my face, I’ve only swatched them. But the swatches….ermm, not impressed. They don’t seem to have a lot of color saturation and I’m afraid the matte pink blush might leave me looking ashy. Here are the swatches…


I'm pretty sure I kept mixing up Abricot Plaisir and Bronze Sensation.


 Again, perhaps I am just jumping the gun here. I’ll test them out on my face later and see what I can see. Does anyone else use Sephora blushes? If so, what shades?  What’s been your experience with them? On to the next…


I did another FOTD with my Stila Color Wheel Eye Shadow Palette that I got from Apothica. This time I opted for what I thought would be a somewhat deeper earthier look. No dice. The look turned out okay, but it wasn’t nearly as deep on me as it looked on the model in the Stila Artistry Lookbook that came with the palette. Here are the pics of the shadows I used and the Artistry Lookbook example…



Now here’s my rendition…



Peach Stila shadow from upper lash line to brow bone, Burnt Sienna Stila shadow in crease and outer v, Brick Red Stila shadow on upper lash line, Brick Red Stila shadow pressed into center of lid, Mabelline Full&Soft mascara in Very Black on lashes, Sephora Flashy liner in Flashy Ultra Brown smudged on waterline & lower lash line, NYX blush in Copper on cheeks and Mabelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Crazy for Coffee topped off with ELF Minty Lipgloss in San Diego on lips.



I didn’t hate this look, I actually liked it. I just wish it had been a little deeper. The colors in this palette, though pretty and good quality, are pale. On my brown skin they look kind of washed out. I still like the shadows though. I'll probably have to start using a base of some sort. My clean up under and around the eyes wasn't so great either...I'll have to do better with that next time. All in all, not bad.

Does anyone else have this palette or any other Stila shadows? Do the colors seem too pale to you? Let a sistah know pretty please :-)


Later doll faces!
XOXO

3 comments:

k said...

I could spend hours in sephora!

Shan (Gimme That!) said...

ok i love the sephora blushes. actually, the abricot and bronze are gorgeous and would look lovely on you. but the matte one: peche. I'm a lil worried about that one. try it out and see. the abricot and bronze reminds me of a bronzer/shimmer highlight.
i also love your shadow look. i guess maybe you had to pat more of the peach in the center of your lid to get the look exactly like hers. but i still love your version as well.

MrsWardy88 said...

I absolutely positively love your lip color!!! I'm in the works of finding a brown lip stain now...