Saturday, March 6, 2010

Winter/Spring Feelings

Dearest fair maidens, dashing divas and glamorous gals do you know what time it is? It's time to say goodbye, farewell, au revoir, sayanora, arivederche & all that jazz to winter and hellooooo to spring! I can't tell you how geeked I am to have some sun shining on my skin, birdsong flirting in my ears and warmer temperatures. Though this is the best winter Chicago has had in a few years, I am still ready for it to vanish vamanos! And with that being said...I have a confession. Though I'm ready to wish winter a farewell so spring can be sprung...I find myself still longing for winter wardrobe pieces. A part of me will miss dark nail polish, supple leathers, high boots, tights, etc. As a matter of fact, this is probably the best time to adopt some sumptuous winter wearables for a super duper low investment. Here's what I'm liking...




When it comes to outerwear, I like it dark and neutral. The neutrals can easily go from winter to spring but the darks....mmm, probably not so much. Still, these pieces can be coaxed into biseasonal wear...maybe?

 



Nothin' says lovin' like hot footwear, and if you love your footsies, you'll encase them in shoes/boots/booties that help you put your best foot forward. I'm loving these picks because they can go from winter to spring with nary a problem...and your feet will love you for it!

 




Accessories can take a blah outfit and make it a BANGIN' outfit! Tights and knee socks have become a favorite of many a daring diva because they can add drama and flare. Now this particular trend may be harder to pull off come spring, but if you live in the midwest where spring can often mean dip diving evening temperatures and temperamental day time thermometers, hot legwear can be rocked from winter through mid spring.

 




Last but most definitely not least, we must talk dresses! I have come to love, Love, LOVE dresses! I like them edgy, flirty/feminine but most of all...eye catching! I love these three picks because they are everything I want in dresses and a little bit more. Flirty, feminine, funky, a little edgy and definitely eye catching. 

 


Well that's it for me, I'm off to scope some potential spring adoptees....ciao bellas!




No comments: