Sunday, December 20, 2009

4 of 30

I recently accepted a challenge created by one of my twitter friends called 30 in 30. The idea is to write/post a new poem every day for 30 days. This promises to be very interesting for me seeing as how I've been going through some personal struggles as of late. At any rate, here's my fourth offering...


Once upon a time

You spoke poetry and prose to me
You wove a treasure trove of stories for me
You sang me songs and took me along when you dreamt your dreams
You were mystical and magical
You made me believe we could have something fantastical
But the frog remained a frog after my figurative kiss
The poison apple left the bitterest taste on my lips
Your words became null and void
Promises broken
Attention divided
I can no longer confide in you
I left you a breadcrumb trail to my heart but still...you lost your way
I have tried to meet you more than half way, but you resist
I insist and you flee
How silly of me
End of story



No comments: